Associations and Societies
- The Gold Miner's Headquarters (The web's largest bulletin board for gold miners)
- Douglas County Prospectors (Roseburg, OR )
- Millenium Diggers(Portland,OR)
- Willamette Valley Miners(Salem,OR)
Duds<>The North Bend Prospectors, Inc., conducts Gold Panning Demonstrations for interested groups on the Oregon Coast, area. To give our demos that extra flair, we like to dress up in period clothing--any period from around 1800 to the present, that is! You see, every decade has had its own gold prospectors! >
At our panning demos you might see one of us in contemporary hip-waders, another in bib-overalls, and yet another as a sheriff about to give up his badge to head for the gold fields. And some of us hark back a few years in our costumes to the 1800s.
We have here a few good solid informational links for our panning demonstrators. Good info for reenactors, too!
- Clothing of the 1830s Every sewing stitch had to be done by hand.
- Costume of the Gold Rush Entrepenuers marketed clothing, hats, and boots to outfit men for the gold fields.
- How Should a Woman Dress? A nifty look at women's period costume.
- How To Be a Pistolero Nearly all you'll ever need to know about being a reenactor!
- How to Select an Old West Outfit Serves as a general guide for anyone who wants to assemble a Western getup.
- Past Patterns Hundreds of patterns to make your own costumes ranging from 1789 through the 1940s.
- Suggested Wardrobe and Equipment The choices of 1880s clothing and style define your character in an instant.
- San Francisco and the 1849 Gold Rush (thanks to the class of Ms.Christina Nill in Colorado for this link)
- Cowboy444 Prospecting Links (Randy Waters)author of this website
Mine and Mill Tours
Great Mining Web Sites
- Class Ring Finder Lost and Found Directory (Post a lost or found class ring--become a "Detective" too.)
- Gold Dredger(Leonard Leeper-CO)
- New 49ers'(Dave McMrackin-CA)
- Alaska Forum
- Oregon Gold Hunters
- GPAA Forum
- International California Mining Journal (The West's leading domestic mining magazine for almost 70 years.)
- Treasure Hunters Gazette (Published by Streeter's Treasure Hunting Supply.)
- Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (Anchorage AK)
- Calgold (Treasure hunting and prospecting super center)
- Chuck Brewer's Bellows Machine (Bakersfield CA)
- Colorado Nuggets (Steve and Bev Rice, Evergreen CO)
- Garfield Refining Company (Refiner of precious metals)
- Gold Maps (Where to find it)
- Gold Nugget Exchange of Australia Pty. Ltd. (An online auction site for quality natural Aussie gold.)
- Grubstaker.com (Wallie Robinson's mines, minerals, and historic maps)
- Hooked on Gold (Larry & Shirley Weilnau)
- Kellyco Metal Detector Superstore (Stuart Auerbach, Winter Springs, FL)
- Lifestyle Store (Prospecting supplies)
- Prospector Store (Prospecting supplies)
- The Rock Doc at Prospectors Village (Cindy & Dirk Paratt, Nathrop CO)
- These are old links so if a link doesn't work please go to:cowboy444.com and see if there isn't a current link there.....Thanks